Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The server split will be done today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Izri
Admin
Izri

The server split will be done today Empty
PostSubject: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:14 am

For those who don't know yet, the server split is finally on the doorstep.

Pendragon wrote:
Summoners!

You’ve all waited patiently for us to prepare for the launch of our new, dual-platform environment. Today, we’re here to tell you that your long wait is nearly over. Later this evening, we will begin the process of splitting the European platform into EU West and EU Nordic & East.

At 23:30 UK Time this evening, we will begin the process of bringing the platform offline for the split. For your entertainment, at this time we will be streaming non-stop to bring you show matches, interviews with Riot Games employees, and status updates on how the split is proceeding. We estimate that the maintenance window should take no longer than 12 hours, and – once it is complete – you will be able to log in and play on your new platform. If you would like more information on exactly what the split will entail, you can visit the FAQ.

Once you have logged into your new home, you will find that a 14 Day IP Boost has been credited to your account. This is our gift to you, to help speed your progress toward any content that you’ve been waiting to unlock.

It’s been a long road, summoners, but we’re very close to the finish line. Thank you for bearing with us, and we look forward to playing with all of you on EU West and EU Nordic & East.

I guess this will take quite some time, so don't expect the servers to be online tomorrow. If we are lucky, they will be done at the evening, but I doubt it. This is a huge thing, and way more complicated than a normal patch.

As I said before, I suggest no one transfers right away. Just check out your serverside, post your impressions in a thread, so we can get some more knowledge. The side this team will be continued will most likely be EU West, but this is not set in stone yet.

So, let's hope we get rid of the login queues and the US based servers. I am optimistic in that regard.

Source: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=330146
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 am

Eu East&Nordic results: smooth, no lags, no queues - like it should've always been.
Back to top Go down
GladFot

GladFot

PostSubject: Re: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 am

I like east aswell
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 am

Well I dont know how its in west now, but clearly in east its like 1000% better than before.
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 am

I don't think there is any difference in terms of server status. West works smooth. No Queue, no disconnects from chat, profile loads faster than before, matchmaking is about 15-20 seconds (same as usual).

First game I had two guys speaking spanish and one left, but the second game was great. Nice people on both teams.
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 am

Oh my god ... I just god connected to those crappy US servers while playing a ranked. Crap! I thought they took it off the grid, now the serverload got decreased ...

Allright, this should be resolved now:
Ymir wrote:
There were a few NY servers left in the loop after the split. They have subsequently been removed though and will not be there at all going forward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The server split will be done today   The server split will be done today Empty

Back to top Go down

The server split will be done today
Page 1 of 1