Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The end of our unity?

Go down 
+2
Corporal Herb
Izri
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Izri
Admin
Izri

The end of our unity? Empty
PostSubject: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 am

RiotPendragon wrote:

Summoners!

Over the last couple of months we’ve been working on an action plan to drastically reduce the amount of service impacting issues affecting our European platform. We’re finally at a point that we can share our plans to bring more stability to Europe.

Presently, the PvP.net service in Europe is supporting hundreds of thousands summoners playing League of Legends at any given time – orders of magnitude bigger than what a typical massively multiplayer environment supports! And while we’re extremely excited by the enthusiasm and passion that you have all shown for the game, it has presented complications that we have been trying to resolve. Specifically, we want to reduce lengthy login queues at peak hours, eliminate our reliance on New York based overflow servers, and drastically reduce the number of unexpected server outages.

For these reasons, we have been making preparations to split our European service onto two new platforms: EU West and EU Nordic & East. Once this split is complete, your summoner will only be accessible on the platform that you’ve landed on. Each of these platforms will be able to support the same number of players as the current European environment, dramatically increasing our service quality and paving the way for future growth.

That being said, switching over to our new, dual platform setup will be quite the logistical feat. In the coming weeks we will be assigning players to their new platform. We did our best to avoid separating groups of friends, but if you should find yourself unsatisfied with your destination platform, we will be facilitating one free transfer between the two platforms following shortly after the split. In the meantime, we’re putting restrictions in place to improve stability for those already in-game.

If you have a specific question about the split that hasn’t been answered here, please visit our European Platform Split FAQ. After a visit there, if you still find that your question wasn’t answered, please ask us in this thread.

It’s been quite a journey, summoners of Europe, and we’re excited to be able to bring you a service upgrade that should bring about a lasting resolution to your concerns! Thanks for your patience, and thank you for playing League of Legends.
Source:http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=281831
Server Split FAQ: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/eu-platform-split-faq

Basically this could mean, our whole team could be split apart as we are spread over the whole continent. Tim & Co will be on EU West, without a doubt. Wdragon will most likely be on EU Nordic & East, as will our scandinavian players most likely. I don't have a clue where I will be, as I in between the two I would say, but I guess it will be EU West.

As we can't do anything about it and I think this is basically the worst solution they could ever have come up with, we only have one chance to use our free transfer after the split to switch to the same server. I don't care which one, but I guess we just see where most of our guys will be, and the minority switches over.

If this doesn't work, it might be the end of my time in LoL, as I got heavily disappointed in the last months. I play this game for over a year, bought several RP-Bundles and I never though they will come up with this kind of solution. It's horribly. Even Amerika isn't split and they are basically covered by 4 Timezones (6 if you count Alaska and Hawaii).

Well, we will see ...

EDIT: Found the map which tells us how they gonna split the servers:

The end of our unity? Eu2-ma10

So basically this means, we're almost all on EU Nordic & East. Only Tim, McLegendmeister and all your friends are on EU West. It's up to you if you all want to switch, some or none. We still got some time to think it all through.

EDIT2: Apparantly they don't even have a clue about which language is spoken in which country, as Germany & Switzerland are on EU West and Austria is on EU East. Also Austrians don't have access to a german forum anymore.
Quote :
The EU West platform will support four languages: English, Spanish, French, and German.
The EU Nordic & East platform will support both English and Polish, with additional languages to be added as we expand the service in these regions.

I don't know if I just shall laugh or /facepalm.

Last edited by Izri on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corporal Herb
Admin
Corporal Herb

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:29 am

what the actual fuck?

and sander4
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:35 am

If they wanna split, at least they should have done it by timezone or language. This is just stupid. It's like someone took a map of europe and made a straight line from Mid-Top to Mid-Bottom.
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 am

Well I wanted a solution to a recent problems with Eu servers, but really

Quote :
what the actual fuck?

But anyways, we have a free transfer and I doubt changing between West/East will raise latency. Just we need to figure which side to choose...
Back to top Go down
Corporal Herb
Admin
Corporal Herb

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am

we will transfer to east, overall better gameplay and nicer people

whens this going to happen?
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:49 am

EU East will be much more populated I guess, as a lot of the eastern countries (especially Poland) like free-to-play games and I saw alot more of them than french or even spanish people. I think I saw 1 spanish speaking guy out of 20 polish speaking players.

I don't care which side, I just find it incredibly stupid that Austria gets split away from the other german speaking countries. Never saw a game which did that. We were always put into the "german zone".

No one knows yet when the split will happen, but I don't think it will come before August.
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 am

They are splittin right nao Shocked
Back to top Go down
Corporal Herb
Admin
Corporal Herb

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:55 am

wait this is why servers are off?
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 am

Well, whatever. I gonna go to bed now. This message just ruined an otherwise good day. Thanks Riot ...

EDIT: Just one thing before I log off: We get a 14 Day IP Boost after the split. This makes up for everything! No one needs to complain! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Corporal Herb
Admin
Corporal Herb

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:04 am

don't worry matty, you can't get rid of us that easily!
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am

Yep, servers are down, they needed to do something really fast (you can read Eu forums - constant rage topics ) So yeah, I think they are doing it now.
Back to top Go down
zapylol

zapylol

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:48 am

sigh, i will be in the scandinavian group, this must be some kind of joke. This is proper bullshit, having asplit between US and EU is fine, but dividing EU, eeeeeeh. Dont really know what we can do about this, ive been on and off for a few weeks now, so i havent heard diddley squat about this before just now, but are they pulling some sort of "WoW-server" shit? so you have to pay for a transfer or level up a new account? like in warcraft 3 FT, where you can have infinite accounts, but have to level up a new acc if you change from EU to lets say US West/East?

god dammit
Back to top Go down
zapylol

zapylol

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 am

servers are up
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah forgot about queue change...so no Lol in the meantime, sigh. Btw they changed the map (they made a few mistakes there)

---> Map <---
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Apparantly they realized that Austria should stick to Germany, which is good, but it also means I will have to transfer, or the scandinavian guys come over. Should we vote about that or just do a Majority/Minority thing?

And they forgot Belarus (and Iceland) in the old map and just thought it was Latvia. /facepalm.
Back to top Go down
Corporal Herb
Admin
Corporal Herb

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 pm

I think we should vote, because people might prefer playing in different regions. The transfer hasnt happened yet right?

Quote :
This is a short term solution to increase stability over the next week as we implement our more permanent solution.

Seems like we have a week
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 pm

I started a topic, where everyone should vote. I also will post new information I gather about this topic there, to help you with your decision. If someone is not satisfied with the results of the voting and decides to not participate in the serverchange, then he will not be blamed for it, as it's up to him and him only.

! Vote Thread !
Back to top Go down
GladFot

GladFot

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 pm

I really want to sty east. becouse of my friends not wanting to change. but if u abselute have to change, i will make a new account to play whit my freinds. but again +1 for east from me.
Back to top Go down
Corporal Herb
Admin
Corporal Herb

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 pm

dont feel the need to change bro. its only a game, real life friends are more important
Back to top Go down
GladFot

GladFot

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 pm

you guys are my freinds to ^^. I will move my main account whit TU and make a new one for my friends they dont care about elo, they just play for fun .
Back to top Go down
sander4

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:22 am

just a heads up i wont be changing from EU west so if you guys choose to move to east i wont be following. Im not saying this to try change minds just letting everyone know where i stand.
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:37 am

As said before, it's totally fine if someone wants to stay or go to another server. I cannot ask anyone to disregard his friends for the team. No one will be blamed if he decides not to stick with the team.
Back to top Go down
GladFot

GladFot

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm

All my friends have decided to folow me to West becouse of Team unity. I has awsome friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wdragon

Wdragon

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:30 pm

I really dont like the fact that almost all people will move to West >_> I hope it wont be same old shiet with servers all over again...
Back to top Go down
Izri
Admin
Izri

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

I suggest no one transfers yet. Tim and I will be on West anyway, so let us check the server first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of our unity?   The end of our unity? Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of our unity?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next